Self Introduction

Subject: Self Introduction

Dear Professor Brad,

I am writing to introduce myself to you as a first-year civil engineering student in SIT in your effective communication class for this module. My name is Abdul Hakim 

I graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic in 2019 with a diploma in mechanical engineering, specializing in automotive technology and motorsports. I changed pathways and ventured into civil engineering as see more potential to work in this field as compared to mechanical engineering. Ultimately, I was looking towards the future and identifying jobs that would still be available in the market as technology and innovation improve for a better future, particularly towards the transportation industry. In my opinion, I feel that in the field of civil engineering line, things are constantly changing or improving to build a better and more sustainable environment. 

Although both civil and mechanical engineering is in a similar field, my 3 years in polytechnic gave me basic engineering knowledge that acts as a backbone as I change pathways, hence being able to catch up with the rest of my coursemates. Apart from academic interests, I enjoy doing sports either alone or with my friends. I would never ever turn down a game of soccer as it is my favorite hobby. My long exposure to sports has helped shape my team playing traits and applying that outside sports especially in my studies, has allowed me to learn from one another and help each other. 

One of the greatest football players to ever grace the football game, Pele, once said "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning". In my opinion, this degree would be one of the most difficult tasks to achieve, but I am certain that with the right amount of effort, the sky is definitely the limit.

Yours sincerely,

Hakim

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hakim,

    Your self-introductory letter is well written with the inclusion of a quote which highlights your will to learn. Though your content has more depth regarding your interest in engineering, do share some of your communication strengths and weakness. Regardless, I enjoyed your reading your letter.

    Regards,
    Farzana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hakim,

    I like how you have given a very detailed description of you interests and goals in joining this course of study. I feel that you can also include what you aim to achieve in this specific module and also share what are your strengths and weaknesses. Thank you.

    Best Regards,
    Muhd Zulfadhli

    ReplyDelete

  4. Dear Hakim,

    Thank you for this fairly articulate letter. It's mostly clear and concise. One point to note is that while you do a good job addressing your shifting study focus and educational background, you don't give attention to your strength and weakness in terms of communication skills or your module goals. These areas are spelled out in the assignment brief. Most of your focus is on your interest in sports, which you explain in good detail.

    As mentioned, this letter is fairly fluent, with one main exception:

    Although both civil and mechanical engineering is in a similar field, my 3 years in polytechnic gave me basic engineering knowledge that acts as a backbone as I change pathways, hence being able to catch up with the rest of my coursemates.
    >
    Since both civil and mechanical engineering ARE in the field of engineering, my three years in polytechnic gave me a basic engineering knowledge. As I change pathways, that knowledge acts as a backbone for my current studies, enabling me to catch up with the rest of my coursemate.

    Perhaps you can work on a revision.

    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate the constructive feedback, thank you prof!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts